Spectraglass Limited is a family owned business which was formed in 1984 by the now chairman and principal stakeholder of the company, Mr Gordon Dow. Based in Perth, Scotland, the company currently employs more than 40 skilled and semi skilled glass processing personnel
Since its inception the company has steadily grown as a result of building strong customer relationships, identifying new market opportunities and investing in the latest glass processing technology
As a result, we are now an internationally recognised player with a widely dispersed and growing customer base.
Our Strategic Objectives
Spectraglass is already a successful glass processing company. Nonetheless, we have identified a number of Strategic objectives which we believe will contribute to the further growth and development of the business, namely;
- To develop our existing worldwide customer base by providing first class customer service
- To access and exploit new geographic market opportunities using our growing international reputation
- To upgrade our manufacturing facility to increase both capacity and productivity by improving the layout of plant, equipment and materials
- To invest in new machinery and business systems to allow us to remain at the forefront of glass processing
- To ensure our people have the necessary skills to deliver engineered glass products in compliance with international quality standards
Our Quality Policy
Spectraglass Limited intends to be the recognised market leader for the provision of engineered glass for all types of industrial and commercial applications within an International marketplace.
We are committed to provide products and services to our customers that consistently meet or exceed their requirements. These products and services shall be delivered in a cost effective way, ensuring that our customers receive value for money at all times and that Spectraglass remains profitable and continues to grow in a controlled and successful manner
We are also committed to continuous improvement at all levels within the company with regard to the products and services we offer, and also the methods used to control all our business activities. Specifically, our objectives are:
- Continual improvement of communication with existing and potential customers, suppliers and employees.
- Efficient and effective control of all manufacturing and administrative activities
- The involvement of all staff in the continual improvement process
- Ensure all staff receive appropiate training and are fully competent to perform their role within the company.
- The provision of adequate resources to ensure customer requirements can delivered in a safe and controlled work environment.
Our Quality Objectives
We believe the aims we have defined in our policy statement will be achieved by:
- Continual improvement of communication with existing and potential customers, suppliers and employees
- Efficient and effective control of all manufacturing and administration activities
- The involvement of all employees in suggesting ways to continually improve business activities
- Ensuring all employees receive appropriate training and are fully competent to perform their duties in an effective and safe manner and have opportunity for career development
- The establishment of procedures to ensure performance is constantly monitored and measured and appropriate action is taken when opportunities for improvement are identified
- The provision of appropriate tools, equipment and a safe working environment.
- The implementation and continual improvement of a formal management system
Health and Safety Policy
Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
This is the Health and Safety Policy Statement of Spectraglass Limited.
Our statement of general policy is:
- To provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities
- To consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety
- To provide and maintain safe plant and equipment
- To ensure safe handling and use of substances
- To provide information, instruction and supervision for employees
- To ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training
- To prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health
- To maintain safe and healthy working conditions
- To review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals
The Management and Staff at Spectraglass Ltd acknowledge that they have a responsibility to the environment and are therefore committed to a programme of continuous improvement. The company strives to reduce the risk of pollution to the environment and to ensure that it complies with all relevant legislation and other requirements to which it subscribes.
The specific aims of Spectraglass Ltd's environmental policy are as follows:
- To introduce and maintain a comprehensive environmental management system which will for an integral part of our existing organisational culture of commitment to continuous improvement.
- To minimise the impact of our operation on the environment by introducing a programme of objectives and targets which will ensure we demonstrate continual improvement in environmental performance.
- We will provide adequate training to all employees to ensure they behave in an environmentally responsible manner.
- To promote our commitment to environmental responsibility to our contractors and suppliers by making this policy available to all stakeholders and customers upon request.
This policy will be subject to annual review. Click here to download PDF version.